The St. Landry Professionals Board is seeking motivated individuals in their 20s, 30s and 40s to fill several volunteer leadership positions on The SLP Board for 2017. Board members are expected to attend at least 50% of scheduled board meetings throughout the year as well as communicate, promote the mission, and build awareness of The SLP throughout St. Landry Parish.
These positions provide key leadership and programmatic support to the Organization’s full membership, in support of wider strategic organizational goals and initiatives. The SLP Board of Directors oversees a portfolio of activities related to membership, partnerships, events, communications and government affairs initiatives.
LENGTH OF TERM
One-year, renewable terms dependent on member’s ability to meet expectations of the role, outlined above.
• Give back to our community by supporting an organization doing important work
• Network with other young professionals
• Develop your professional and leadership skills
• Gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of St. Landry Parish initiatives including “Moving Forward” and industry recruitment projects
• Engage your friends in the cause through SLP events
• Exposure to key St. Landry Parish Leadership & Community/Business Stakeholders through development speaker series; SLP events, SLP projects etc.
• Have Fun!
Nominations must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 20, 2017. Voting will take place the week of January 23-27, 2017, and the new board members will be announced on Monday, January 30, 2017.
Nominations must include the following information:
5. What do you hope to gain as a member of the SLP?
6. What do you want to see The SLP involved in during 2017?
7. Suggest an event you would like to see the SLP involved in or host in 2017.
8. If you could effect change in St. Landry Parish, where would you start?
9. As a board member, which aspect(s) of the SLP platform are you most interested in being involved in for 2017?
A. Membership Recruitment and Retention
B. Community Partnerships/Sponsorships
E. Government Affairs Initiatives
F. Philanthropic Initiatives
* We encourage you to submit a head-shot style photo with your submission for website voting purposes.